Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New event - Great Ocean Walk

Hi All,
 
I am planning a new run and would like to extend an invitation to you and any other mad runners to join me.
 
Run:            Great Ocean Walk
Distance:    90km
Daily distance: Day 1 Friday approx 60km
                         Day 2 Saturday approx 30km then hitch / taxi back to start
Dates :         Friday 2 June - Sunday 4 June inclusive. Drive down Thursday evening to Appolo Bay
Support:       Nil unless someone want to offer
Equipment:  Carry light pack with tent, sleeping bag, 2 days food, etc - full list to follow
 
If there are any firm starters and people wishing to act as support it may be possible to drive down on the Friday night and do the run on the Saturday and Sunday. The above plan is based on the fact that this may be a solo trip and I will need to get back to the start (mind you i could always just run back - no I don't even think about it.!!)
 
The results of this run will form the basis for a new 2007 Great Victorian run.
 
Please let me know if you're interested in joining as a runner or would like to act in support - even if that's only meeting me / us at the end .
 
Cathy, could you please distribute this to the TRV group.
Kevin / Phil, if you could promote this through your networks I would really appreciate it .
 
Thanks
 
Paul

No comments: