Friday, December 02, 2005

Thompson Congratulates Keizer: From One Dog to Another

Originally posted to the Dartmouth Ultra List
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Andrew Thompson, a.k.a "Traildog"

Congrats to Cave Dog!

I met Teddy in Vermont while scouting for my southbound AT hike & he was scouting for his LT southbound. I stumbled upon him above Clarendon gorge - the best swhimhole on the long Trail (near Killington peak). We became instant friends and I helped him a month later on his long Trail speed record - hiking with him about 75 of the last ninety miles. The section he traversed in Vermont on his 50-state challenge passed the place where the cop was $#c#%! his girl friend in the cruiser, which I posted on the list years ago.

Teddy's hiking/life philosophy has made a permanent mark on my own. We have different approaches to our individual challenges in terms of media and crews, but I believe he is the toughest hiker in the country - easily.

Traildog, NH

Happy Feet to Head,

Constance Karras :)

No comments: