Saturday, November 19, 2005

David Horton Surpasses 100,000 Lifetime Achievement Miles!

Originally posted to the Dartmouth Ultra List
November 16, 2005


I started running in the sping of 1977. I have logged my miles each year. Plus or minus a few miles, tomorrow I will surpass 100,000 lifetime miles. I use to think of this as a goal that someday that i would like to achieve. As I am about to achieve that goal, it feels like some of the other major goals that I have achieved, not that big of a deal. As has been said, the journey is more important than the destination. I have been very blessed and fortunate to have had many positive running experiences. I hope to run many more miles, maybe surpassing 150,000 miles someday.

Typically, I average about 3200 to 3300 miles per year, some years more. Since 1979, the only time that I have dropped below 3,000 miles, was in 1987, when a crate fell on my leg and I broke 3 bones and was not able to run after mid October, that year I had 2933 miles!

Consistency in training is one of the major reasons that I think that I have been able to complete many long adventure runs.

I hope that all of you get to run many thousands of miles and have your adventures as well.

In Christ
David Horton


Happy Feet to Head,

Constance Karras :)

No comments: